Pralines – A Truly Delicious Story
The 17th century is considered to be the birth of the praline. According to legend, the first dessert to combine almonds with liquid sugar was created at the court of French Sun King Louis XIV.
Creator of this delicacy is deemed to be the head chef of French field marshal Comte du Plessis Praslin. The head chef decided to name his invention “Praslines” in honour of the field marshal. From this moment on, the field marshal not only used the delicacy of the same name to delight the ladies of the royal court, but also as an icebreaker in difficult diplomatic situations.
However, it took some time for the creation of the fine chocolate pralines as we enjoy them today. It was only in 1879, when Rodolphe Lindt introduced the decisive refinement to the chocolate preparation by means of the conching method, that the delicate glaze of today’s pralines could be achieved.
- Latest News Latest News at Lindt UK this month
- The invention of LINDT chocolate It was 1879. Rodolphe Lindt wanted to make chocolate. Soft, fine chocolate, chocolate to enjoy.
- Responsible procurement Lindt & Sprüngli has close ties with Ghana....
- Cocoa – The food of the Gods… This pleasant-sounding Latin name of Theobroma cacao was given...
- Swiss chocolate pioneers in the 19th century The 19th century: The age of pioneers. Factories were built...
- Lindt Excellence - Dark chocolate world Lindt Excellence - dark chocolate world. Discover our wide range of Excellence flavours.