With coffee’s abundance of flavour characteristics and so many delicious Lindt EXCELLENCE flavours to try, the potential for wonderful coffee and chocolate combinations is endless.
Step by step guide to coffee and chocolate tasting
Be sure to fully embrace each step on the sensory journey. This includes the look of the packaging, the sound it makes as you unwrap it, the first aroma that escapes once it is open.
Next, take your cup of coffee and slurp some of the liquid from a teaspoon, making sure the liquid sprays equally around your mouth so all the different notes can be detected.
Sniff the chocolate and savour the aroma before breaking off a diamond, listening for the snap.Take a small piece and let it melt slowly in your mouth. To fully appreciate the chocolate’s scent, make sure you inhale through your mouth and out through your nose to fully penetrate your senses.
Think about the aroma, the texture, the length of time it takes to melt. When you have finally swallowed the chocolate, consider the flavour and how long it lingers.
Immediately take another slurp of coffee and note how the flavours combine with the chocolate you have just tasted. Do the flavours and aromas complement or contradict each other? Perhaps one releases more detectable flavours from the other?
Try LINDT EXCELLENCE Dark Chilli with Burundi Ngozi Americano
Burundi Ngozi Americano - This is a complex coffee, with a spicy, almost tannic quality. The result of pairing with Lindt EXCELLENCE Dark Chilli is akin to a spicy meal, cooled by a rich red wine. For added taste perfection, wait for the chilli to bite before taking a second sip of the coffee.
- Latest News Latest News at Lindt UK this month
- The invention of LINDT chocolate It was 1879. Rodolphe Lindt wanted to make chocolate. Soft, fine chocolate, chocolate to enjoy.
- Responsible procurement Lindt & Sprüngli has close ties with Ghana....
- Cocoa – The food of the Gods… This pleasant-sounding Latin name of Theobroma cacao was given...
- Swiss chocolate pioneers in the 19th century The 19th century: The age of pioneers. Factories were built...
- Lindt Excellence - Dark chocolate world Lindt Excellence - dark chocolate world. Discover our wide range of Excellence flavours.