Dark Chocolate and Avocado Mousse
- 100 g Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 2 medium-sized ripe avocados
- 175 ml milk, at room temperature (see tip)
- 6 small dates or 2 large Medjool dates, destoned
- 125 g unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup, or to taste
- To decorate:
- Chopped hazelnuts
- 4 squares of Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
Put the chopped chocolate into a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water and stir until melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
Slice open the avocados, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh into a food processor. Add the milk, dates, apple sauce, maple syrup (to taste) and melted chocolate.
Blend for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is perfectly smooth.
Spoon into 4 medium bowls or glasses. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and top with a square of Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate.
Serve straight away.