Apple and Cinnamon Crumble
Our Lindt Master Chocolatiers have added a little Lindt magic to the classic English crumble. Simply serve warm with melting vanilla ice cream and our intense EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate.
Ring the changes with your crumble topping by swapping the rolled oats for roughly chopped almonds for a bit of a crunch. You can also swap the ground cinnamon for ground ginger if you prefer.
To make this recipe gluten free, use gluten free plain flour and oats - always check the manufacturers label to ensure your ingredients do not contain gluten.
- For the crumble:
- 250 g plain flour (see Tip)
- 200 g cold butter, diced, plus extra for greasing
- 45 g rolled oats (see Tip)
- A pinch of salt
- 100 g demerara sugar
- For the apples:
- 6 cooking apples, peeled and chopped
- 50 g soft light brown sugar, or to taste
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- To serve:
- Scoops of good quality vanilla ice cream
- 100 g Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, cut along the squares