Chocolate and Cherry Eton Mess
Our Master Chocolatiers’ have put a luxury Lindt twist on this classic English dessert… imagine layers of heavenly Hazelnut Chocolate Spread, vanilla-infused cream, juicy cherries and crunchy meringue - all finished off with a sprinkling of our exquisite EXCELLENCE chocolate.
You can use shop-bought meringue nests, but our Master Chocolatiers recommend using homemade, or buying freshly baked from a bakery, for a perfectly crisp meringue with a soft and chewy centre…
If making this recipe for someone following a gluten free diet, always check the manufacturer's label to ensure your ingredients are free from gluten.
Serves 3-4 (the exact number will depend on the size, and shape, of your glasses)
- For the cream:
- 500 ml double cream
- 150 g Lindt Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the cherries:
- 400g frozen sweet cherries
- About 2 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar, or to taste
- To assemble:
- 2 large individual meringue nests, crushed (see Tip)
- 2 squares Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Dark Chocolate, finely grated
- Lindt Hazelnut Chocolate Spread