Chocolate Truffle Cake
Lindt LINDOR Assorted Truffles 600g
10 - 12 people
- For the ganache:
- 200 ml double cream
- 20 g golden syrup
- 200 g Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 20 g unsalted butter, softened
- For the cake:
- 150 g Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, chopped
- About 4 tbsp hot water
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 100 g ground almonds
- 100 g ground hazelnuts (you can buy unblanched hazelnuts and blitz in a blender)
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- For the syrup:
- 50 g caster sugar
- 40 ml water
- A couple of drops of vanilla extract
- To decorate:
- Lindt Fruit and/or Crispy SENSATIONS
- LINDOR Truffles. unwrapped
- Edible gold shimmer spray (optional)
Lindt Chocolate In This Recipe
- Lindt FRUIT SENSATION Orange & Pink Grapefruit 150gSpecial Price £3.00 Regular Price £3.50
- Lindt CRISPY SENSATION Milk Chocolate 140g - Short Dated Stock*Special Price £1.75 Regular Price £3.50Out of stock
Prepare the ganache: pour the cream and golden syrup into a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn't overflow (see tip).
Put the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl with the butter.
Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and mix until smooth and glossy. Leave to cool completely before covering with cling film and leaving overnight.
For the cake: Preheat the oven to 180C/160 Fan. Grease and line an 18 cm deep, round, loose based tin with greaseproof paper.
Put the chopped chocolate into a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat, stir in the hot water and mix until smooth. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale. Add the vanilla extract and salt and beat to combine.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition (add a tablespoon of the ground almonds if this mix looks like it is beginning to curdle).
Mix in the melted chocolate mix until combined.
Fold in the remaining ground almonds and hazelnuts, followed by the breadcrumbs, until you have a smooth batter.
Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes - or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Meanwhile, for the syrup: pour the water into a saucepan, add the caster sugar and vanilla extract and bring to the boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat.
To assemble: using a serrated (bread) knife, cut the cake in half horizontally. Drizzle each with the syrup.
Place one cake onto a flat serving plate. Top with ⅓ of the ganache, using a palette knife to spread in a smooth layer. Top with the other cake and the remaining ganache, using the palette knife to cover the top and sides in a smooth and even layer.
Decorate the top with LINDOR chocolate truffles and fruit sensations. Spray with edible gold shimmer spray, if wished.
Write Your Own Review