Dark Chocolate Milkshake
What could be better than a rich and indulgent chocolate milkshake on a hot summer’s day? Our Master Chocolatiers have created this luxurious recipe using our intense EXCELLENCE 70% Dark Chocolate for the perfect summer treat.
Make this recipe dairy-free and vegan-friendly by using dairy-free or vegan cream, milk and ice cream alternatives - you may need to add a little extra milk as dairy-free ice cream can be more solid when frozen. If making this recipe for someone following a gluten free diet, always check the manufacturer's label to ensure your ingredients are free from gluten.
- For the chocolate sauce:
- 125 ml double cream (see Tip)
- 60 g Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 40 g butter, diced
- For the milkshakes:
- 60 ml full-fat milk (see Tip)
- 6-8 scoops good-quality vanilla ice cream (see Tip)
- ¾ of the homemade chocolate sauce (see above)
- To serve:
- Remaining chocolate sauce
- 3 squares Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Dark Chocolate
- Whipped cream, optional (see Tip)
- Fresh cherries