Golden Milk Turmeric Hot Chocolate
This gloriously golden spiced drink is perfect for a cold and chilly autumn or winter day; combining creamy coconut milk with a hint of ginger, turmeric and cinnamon and our rich and intense dark chocolate.
You can make this recipe dairy-free and suitable for vegans by using our vegan-friendly dark chocolate (for example our EXCELLENCE 70%, 85%, 90% and 99% Cocoa bars). If making this recipe for someone following a gluten free diet, always check the manufacturer's label to ensure your ingredients are free from gluten.
- 80 ml full-fat coconut milk
- 160 ml boiling water
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of ground black pepper, optional
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 squares Lindt EXCELLENCE 78% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, chopped (see Tip)
- 1 tsp maple syrup, to taste
- To serve:
- Whipped coconut cream
- Lindt EXCELLENCE 78% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, grated