Raspberry, Chocolate and Amaretti Layer
This effortlessly elegant make-ahead dessert recipe is ideal for entertaining. The subtle sweetness of the ruby-red raspberry layer compliments the richness of the silky smooth chocolate - both alternating between layers of blitzed soaked amaretti biscuit crumbs and whipped cream. A luxurious layered dessert with an array of tastes and textures to impress your guests...
The amaretti biscuits give this a delicious almond undertone. For a wonderfully warming spiced flavour, try swapping for gingernut biscuits. You can also use raspberry coulis instead of fresh raspberries, if you prefer. You can make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free biscuits. If making this recipe for someone following a gluten free diet, always check the manufacturer's label to ensure your ingredients are free from gluten.
- 350 ml double cream
- 100 g Lindt EXCELLENCE Raspberry Intense Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 14 amaretti biscuits (see Tip)
- 4 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- About 200 g fresh raspberries (see Tip)
- 1 tsp gold leaf (optional)
- 6 squares of Lindt EXCELLENCE Raspberry Intense Dark Chocolate