Tropical Coconut and Chocolate Trifles
We have sprinkled a little Lindt magic and given the traditional English trifle an indulgent chocolate twist featuring creamy chocolate custard and tropical coconut - with a splash of rum for a bit of kick!
Try decorating with our smooth and creamy LINDOR Coconut Chocolate Truffles instead of chocolate curls, if you prefer. You can make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free chocolate cakes, muffins or brownies. If making this recipe for someone following a gluten free diet, always check the manufacturer's label to ensure your ingredients are free from gluten.
- For the chocolate custard:
- 300 g fresh custard
- 100 g Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- For the trifle:
- 325 g chocolate muffins, cupcakes or cake (without frosting) - see Tip
- 4 tbsp dark rum
- 4 tbsp coconut chips
- 200 ml double cream
- 30 g icing sugar
- To decorate:
- Lindt EXCELLENCE White Chocolate with a Touch of Vanilla, grated into curls (see Tip)
- Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, grated into curls (see Tip)
- Coconut chips